Old School Vs. New School

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

My 10 cent thoughts on shopping at EB

I know we've discussed EB in a bad way in the past Josh, but I must say tonite i did quite well. I found 2 complete NES games there and with the shrinking stockpiles of NES & SNES games at Gamestop I may just get the EB discount card. If your EB down in Athens is carrying a decent ammount of old school games you might want to consider it. As for you the reader you should look at your local EB and decide if it's worth it. They're games are a smidge higher than they should be but it's still worth it w/the discount card.

2 Comments:

  • I'm sorry, but I must carry on my hatred of EB Games. I finally went ahead and bought a used game (Baulder's Gate, GCN) using a coupon I downloaded. I swear, it took me almost half an hour to get all the stickers off, and the idiots even put a sticker on the damn disc itself! I also decided to ask this one about giving away displays, and they told me they just sell them off. Which makes me wonder, who exactly is getting the money? Not EB, most likely. My EB sucks. Joe's EB sucks a bit less, considering they still have old school titles. Your EB may vary. :P

    By Blogger Josh Nickerson, at 10:43 PM, November 23, 2004  

  • EB Games does suck -- even if they do have retro games. I've seen stacks of SNES and NES games, but they are usually pretty common titles and they still ask like $8 a piece for them.

    If they had some obscure stuff and some other stuff like anything Sega, I would cut them a bit more slack

    By Blogger racketboy, at 9:36 PM, April 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home