Old School Vs. New School

Sunday, November 28, 2004

A wonderful game that's sadly forgotten by most.

BONK! Does that name ring a bell with you? Well if it doesn't I'm not to horribly suprised. As far as my knowledge of the game's history goes there were 3 games made for the TurboGrafx 16, 1 for the NES, 1 for the Super NES and 2 or 3 for the Gameboy. I've never played the Nintendo versions of Bonk, mainly because they're all so near impossible to find, but I have played Bonk 3 for the TG 16 and I must say it's a magical game. In a way it's like playing a Cartoon. Nothing is more fun and funny than watching a big headed caveman quite literally "Bonk" things with his head. The graphics are stunning for the time period, and eventhough we live in a 3D rendered world these days the GFX are still quite good. The musical scores are equally good. If at all possible I reccomend you find this game, in whatever form you can, cherish it, and enjoy it

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home